Sunday, October 7, 2012

Should I stay or should I go?

Lately, the song, "Should I Stay or Should I Go?", has been playing in my head.  Other than being a catchy little tune, I think it's in part due to my wondering just what the future holds.  In a year and a half, who knows where I will be??!!  Life is a blank canvas just waiting to be painted on...will I move to a new city and live a hectic life of energy and bustle?  Will I go to a rural area where the pace of life is a bit slower or will I return home and pick up where I left off in York/Harrisburg area??
 
 

Even if I did return home, things will be different....and for someone who doesn't do well with change, that's worrisome to me.  I can't help but wonder about the unknown...even as I strive to live in the present. 

Will I be a professor at a university?  Will I go back to LIU #12?  Will do trainings out of Harrisburg?  Will I do research or strictly teach?  All this preparation over the last 3 years, soon to be 4, and there are so many confounding variables.  I look forward to settling down in wherever I end up in 19 short months.  Should I stay in the South, stay at home or should I go somewhere new!?? 

I do love to travel & explore new places....almost as much as I love my home state of PA.  So, I suppose no matter where I go, I will do okay.  Dusty Shamrock will be there as well as the love my family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment