Sunday, October 7, 2012

Snoozin' through Sunday evening

 

Sometimes I'm jealous of my dog.  Yes, tonight, while I read nine readings for the class I'm teaching....yes, nine!, he was curled up on the couch and sleeping away the evening...using me as a cushion, or twisting himself up and getting tangled with my feet, or even at some points, perching atop the couch where my head would have been had I been sitting upright (sometimes I think he thinks he's a cat).  The funniest position tonight though, was when he got up, stretched out his little legs, and with a shake and wriggle, proceeded to walk up me, as if he were balancing himself on a tightrope, narrowly missing the flash drive, to circle around twice, shake himself again, before squeezing down between my shoulder and the cushion.  Have you ever tried to read and type with a dog wedged firmly by and on your shoulder?  I didn't mind though since tonight is the first cool fall night of the season and his little body provided warmth and heat as I read the homework I had assigned to my students.  I'm lucky to have such a loving cuddlebug for a pup! 


No comments:

Post a Comment