Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wicked Good Time!

Over  Fall Break, I was fortunate enough to go to York, PA for a fast few days.  It's always wonderful catching up with Ashley and Monika and I even got to see a friend from my old job for an unexpected lunch treat at Sweet Frog on Friday afternoon.

The respite from NC went way too quickly, as it always does, when I'm home.  

Friday was spent running errands, relaxing, and playing with the pups after my hair appointment at my old studio.  It's the simple things in life, like going back to a favorite hairdresser or being in the house you called home for 2 years, that are so sweet & what I look forward to when life is super busy or challenging.

Dusty resumed his usual spot on the steps as I unpacked late Thursday night.  I think he likes being on this set of steps b/c he would feel like he could keep watch over Ash and me at the same time even though we were in separate areas of the house.  Or maybe he likes it b/c it's near the front door.  Who knows?!



First time at Sweet Frog and it was yummy! 

Chipotle and Sweet Frog...delicious combo!

Nothing is written in stone....how reassuring that we can change things in our lives since nothing is written in stone!

Can you tell I was excited for Wicked the next day when I took this photo??

Happy pups reunited!!


Dusty Shamrock loving the quality time he was spending with Ash & Monika and the puppy cam!

How talented is Ashley's Mom??  Love her & her artwork!

Awww!   

On Saturday, we all were so excited for Wicked!  3 of us had seen it before while 2 of us were viewing it for the first time that afternoon.  We left York around noon to get to Baltimore well ahead of the 2pm start time.  Little did we know that a marathon was occurring in the downtown area that had traffic backed up and us sitting on a bridge for close to 30 to 40 minutes.  We got to the theatre 20 minutes after the show had started but since the play had started late, we only missed about 15 minutes.  However, someone was sitting in our seats!!  So, we spent the first half of the show sitting in a Box Seat.  It was nice having more leg room but disappointing not being able to see half the stage due to the lighting and speaker fixtures obstructing our view.  During the intermission, we made a beeline for our "real" seats and watched the second half of the show from a more clear vantage point.  It's such a great story and really makes you look at some of the characters from the Wizard of Oz in a different way.

Look what building we were stuck in front of as we tried to make our way to the Hippodrome Theatre!


FANTASTIC play!  I highly recommend it after having seen it in San Francisco and now Baltimore!  :)                                                 










































After the play, we headed over to Fells Point for drinks & dinner.  It was great being by the water and amidst the arts and culture of the historical area.  Gosh, I love traveling and better yet, being with good friends!



The sculpture on the right was a door covered entirely of pennies and it spelled "4GIVN"...what a powerful message!






The next day, Dusty and I swung by Hanover for mass and to visit with Michaelann and Jeremy, a cute couple who lives in an adorable house and are such good friends to me.  Michaelann and I went to mass then visited for a bit before Dusty and I hit the road to return to NC.  Dusty Shamrock seemed to enjoy his new bed...he blended right into it!

My little angel sleeping...I wonder if he feels like he's sleeping on top of himself since the lining feels like his fur..haha.


This is at a stop Dusty and I usually take advantage of in Nelson County, Virginia.  It's on the side of a mountain and has a large picnic and yard area where Dusty can run around stretch out his little legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment