Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Never Give Up


My brother and his wife bought a new car recently which forced them to clean out the old car, a lime green VW Bug.  Upon doing so, my brother came in the house with the earring you see in the above picture.  I was amazed when I saw it for I had lost it YEARS ago.  It was so long ago that I can't remember if I lost it during one of my babysitting weeks (I babysat every other week in NC from Summer 2008 to Summer 2012) or if it was from one of the once a month weekends I babysat with my parents during the school year.
 
I do remember realizing I had lost the earring when I went to take them out that night but only had one earring to remove from my ear.  I do remember lamenting that the earrings had been pricy since I had bought them from a friend's jewelry party.  I do remember searching for a similar pair of earrings online to replace the missing one.  I don't remember when I stopped thinking about or looking for the earring since I can't remember exactly when I lost the earring. 
 
My point is, never give up.....even if things don't happen as you hope for or expect them to happen, if it's meant to happen, it will.  The something you want to happen might not happen on your own timing or of your own accord but if it's meant to be, it will be...someday.  The funny thing is, I still hung on to the other earring during all those ears.  I'm not sure why since I had the replacement pair of earrings.  So, I now have 2 sets of sparkly earrings now that this missing earring has been found.  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment