Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Spring Break Shenanigans

I love being Irish.  My grandmother was a first born American since her parents came to the US from Ireland.  Growing up, she always said, "Now you find yourself a nice Irish Catholic boy"...haha!

So, naturally, when I got my puppy in late April 2007, I named him Dusty (pause) Shamrock.  I wouldn't want anyone to think he's a dirty plant so that's why you need to pause when you say his full name.  =)

The 2013 York St. Patrick's Day Parade fell very close to my Spring Break from UNCG.  This worked out well for me since I had gone home to York, PA to conduct my pilot study there (at the last minute).  I had missed the last couple parades since the spring breaks usually occurred in the weeks leading up to St. Patrick's Day.  For some reason, the break was delayed to later in March, which worked out nicely for me since it allowed me to join my friends for some green fun.

In the days before the St. Patrick's Day Parade, I enjoyed Uncorking York (at mainly Maryland wineries) with Melanie, spent time in Fells Point with Mel & Ashley, visited with friends in Lancaster and downtown York at the Market, and took in Theology on Tap in Harrisburg~our beautiful capital city of PA.  Here are some pictures from those fun events!




  














First stop of the day!
 
































This candy bar was delicious!!!!  White chocolate, Old Bay, & nuts!





The decor in all of the wineries was so unique!































Mmm....enjoying a little snack as we waited for a table to open up at Nacho Mama's.































I met Michael, Liam, & Lisa for mass in Lititz the next morning.


We went to lunch at a local brewery after Mass where the food and drinks were delicious!




Mmm, my Grasshopper drink and wings with my former colleagues were delicious as well!!
The pups worked very hard at relaxing while I transcribed pilot study data...



I appreciated the hanging shamrocks at Theology on Tap in Harrisburg that week as well.  :)



The Grand Marshal of this year's parade was none other than our own Bryan Tate!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment