Sunday, January 6, 2013

First Friday

Supporting Ashley's Mom at her exhibit at Marketview Arts during First Friday in downtown York.

When Michaelann and I realized what the Maewyn's sign said, we both had the same thought..."We have to get a picture under it!"  :)
What a FUN time First Friday was!  After driving south for an hour, I picked up my friend, Alex, in Harrisburg and continued on down the highway another half hour to York.  We picked up Ash then headed on over to Marketview Arts.  Ashley's Mom, Judy Grupp, was one of the featured artists!!!  It was great getting the chance to visit with Mr. and Mrs. Grupp and also check out the other exhibits.  Of course my favorite was Mrs. Grupp's.  :)

For those of you who have been to the bonus room in NC, you've seen her work hanging up in there!  After we met up with our group of friends, we walked down the street for dinner and drinks at Maewyn's, my favorite Irish pub in York.  Many St. Patrick Day celebrations, birthday nights, and dinners out were held in this establishment both when it was Harp and Fiddle and Maewyn's.  It was great to be back in familiar territory after having been away for so long.

When all was said and done, there were 12 people at our table.  After we had our fill, we called it a night (well, some of us did anyway!), and parted ways.  I dropped Ash and Alex off and made it back to my parents' home by a little after midnight.  It was a fun way to end my break home....and put a taste back in my mouth of what  it could be like if I'm fortunate enough to return to the area for my dissertation study and dare I say it...to work once I finish my program!!

No comments:

Post a Comment