Thursday, August 22, 2013

Promote what you love (behave your way into being positive)!



After a particularly trying day at work today (well, all of this week has been trying!), I came home tonight and saw this image pop up in my newsfeed. 

.....And guilty as charged am I.  Tonight, after a meeting at work, I heard some tough words to swallow from some colleagues of mine and the words in this picture further drove home the point.  Couldn't we all stand to benefit from following this advice.  Think of how much better life would be if we focused on the positive rather than the short end of the stick or the curveballs life can throw at us.  We need to turn our frowns upside down...even if results will not be seen in the short term; we need to think about what we leave behind us. 

This raises the question:  what legacy will you be leaving in your wake?  Sure, changes can be implemented at your job or place of employment that might not have an impact on you but they could possibly have a lasting effect on those who follow in your footsteps.  Is it better to be bitter and jaded about what life has dealt you or should you try to remain positive, open, and caring through it all?  Time and again, I'm reminded of the need to be forgiving and charitable but gosh, it's so difficult to do sometimes when all you would rather do is just run in the other direction and cut off all ties.  I'm curious....what are ways you have embraced your crosses??  Please keep me in your prayers!  If you have any prayer intentions, leave them here or send me a message.  I will be going to Adoration in a week and will take them with me to the Chapel.  Pax!

No comments:

Post a Comment