Saturday, August 24, 2013

There's a change a comin'!



This is going out to my colleagues, both those who are near and those who are afar...as we start a new semester.  We got this!!!  (Fist pump) 

=)





What are your goals for Fall 2013??

Here are mine (in random order)......these all flash through my mind when people ask what I'm up to these days (kind of like how they say when you think you're going to die, you see your whole life flash by in your head) and this is the answer I should have provided when a colleague asked me the other day, "Why are you on campus?  Shouldn't you be working on your dissertation??" or to others when they say, "You're done with classes, what are you doing now?" or "What's with all the writing...aren't you close to being done by now?":


Ø  I will find a home for the resubmitted NLCSD manuscript with 2 colleagues

 

Ø  I will read my (with colleagues) first published article in Exceptional Children!

 

Ø  I will finish the draft of the first itinerant study manuscript and continue working on the second itinerant study manuscript with colleagues

 

Ø  I will continue working on the draft of the CA project manuscript with a colleague

 

Ø  I will read my (with colleagues) first published article in Education and Training in Autism and Developmental Disabilities! 

 

Ø  I will finish the draft of the journal analysis project of The Volta Review manuscript with a colleague

 

Ø  I will find out if I'm presenting at the Council for Exceptional Children Conference, in Philly in April 2014

 

Ø  I will assist with transfer of face to face class to a hybrid online course scheduled for Spring 2014 with colleagues
 
  • I will spend at least five minutes each day with each child in this house....well, every other day or every two days depending on all of our conflicting schedules.

  • I will take the pup for a walk at least twice a week.

  • I will continue teaching twice a week.

  • I will finish Ch. 4 and Ch. 5 of the dissertation.

  • I will continue searching for a job (hopefully in PA or 3 hours from there).

Can I get this all done in a measly 4 months?!  I pray that I can!  I'm also hoping that since I wrote these in yes I can terms that I will believe these items will be crossed off the list in a timely fashion!! Eek!



No comments:

Post a Comment