Sunday, June 1, 2014

Beautiful happy days...



Day 62
These pretty pink flowers in Mom and Dad’s front yard made me smile today.
Day 63
On the way home from church tonight, we drove past the bridal shop where I purchased my rehearsal and wedding dresses.  It was fun watching Dad try to guess which dress was mine.  He’ll have to wait until 05/23/15 to see if his guess was right!  Do you have any guesses?  :)



Day 64
Having this 100 Happy Day Challenge is forcing me to look for the happy in each day and to stop and take time to reflect on blessings rather than focusing on challenges and for that I’m grateful today!

Day 65
Completing Adam’s and my website today (after two days of putting it together) made me happy today!

Day 66
These rose sheets my Aunt Marie had used on my bed at Grandma’s house reminded me of Grandma since she loved to tend to her rose bushes in her front yard.

Day 67
I saw my new office today.  It won’t be ready to move in to until August and has no windows but I’m looking forward to getting settled in…both at home and at work as I learn the ropes at FUS.

Day 68
I met my new landlord and housemates when I visited the house we will be renting at the start of the school year in Ohio.  We learned some fascinating history about the house.  Back in the day a religious community of brothers had lived in the home.  They blessed and consecrated the house and called it, “Our Father’s House”.  Several years ago, the brothers were invited to leave Steubenville for Denver, CO (where Adam and I got engaged)!  I can hardly wait to talk to my friend, Doris, on Sunday night to see if she knows any of the now priests who used to live in our new house!

Day 69
In spite of the nearly seven hour drive home from Ohio that was spent fighting traffic in Pittsburgh for over an hour, the on and off rain, and the fog, the drive home to my parents’ that should have been barely five hours was a nostalgic one that made me happy at times.  To avoid paying tolls on the Turnpike (oh and when did the Pittsburgh to Harrisburg toll go up to $20+?!), I decided to take 22 over to 80.  I had not been on some of these roads in a decade if not longer and was reminded of road trips home from college with some girlfriends, of football games and visiting friends and a former flame at Penn State, and the exciting feeling of traveling across the state in my teal ’99 Chevy Cavalier dubbed Tinkerbell due to the glittery sparkly décor on the inside crept up alongside of me as I rolled down the highway.  As I inched closer to home and came home on back roads I had not traveled since high school, I remembered Saturday nights spent cruising Shamokin to talk to cute boys, painting Meredith’s dad’s law office window for Halloween Windows Painting, and stopping in at Danny’s and M & M’s to visit Jess and Meredith while they were working.  As I wound my way through the mountains, past my high school, and felt as if my car were driving itself home on the two-miler into town, I felt happiness over the back roads that have helped to point me in the direction I’m heading now…out west to Ohio by summer’s end!

Day 70
Today was a treat as I played with my PA nephews while my parents and I watched them for the day.  Another treat we enjoyed was after mass when we picked up dinner and dessert at Heisler’s.  YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment