Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Time is flying!

Day 71
A picnic lunch with sweet girlfriends at a park Dusty Shamrock and I used to frequent down in York when he was just a baby brought a smile to my face today.


Day 72
Today was spent talking with prospective cake and flower people for the wedding.  Thinking about eating yummy cake and celebrating with so many loved ones next May makes me happy.


Whatcha think about this?  Could it be a cake topper in spite of being uneven on the bottom?


Day 73
This morning, I visited with a former coworker from high school and reconnecting was today's happy moment.  One of the topics we discussed was the use of technology and how Heather doesn't really text if she can help it.  It wasn't until I was driving home from her house before I recalled she was the first person I emailed back in the late 90s!  Heather had gone off to college while I was still in high school and working at Subway.  I remember coming home from shifts and checking my email to find messages from her.  How funny it is to think that 17 years later...we had a conversation about texting and Skyping people.  It kind of makes you wonder what sort of technology will be used 17 years from now?! 


Day 74
Today should have been spent getting a class organized and I should have signed new employee paperwork but instead I only read up to page 34 of a two inch thick report about my new place of employment before calling it quits for the evening.  However, thinking about some of the sparkly decorations I saw at Michael's last night when Mom and I priced some possible decorations makes me happy today in spite of feeling behind in where I thought I would be at this point regarding course prep.

No comments:

Post a Comment