Monday, June 9, 2014

Daily Doses of Happiness

Day 75
A friend posted this today and it brought to mind the fact that as we get older we realize who our true friends are.  Some acquaintances will fall away as life circumstances change.  Some were never true friends to start with...and others are brought into your life for a reason, season, or a lifetime.  I'm thankful for those in my life who accept me as I am and for all I am...as I do them.  We may not always agree on everything (let's face it, who does?!) but for the true friends in our lives we still respect one another and count each other as friends.  While the number of those who fall in this last category may decline, especially in the changing political climate and landscape, I am grateful for the real ones who have remained.

Day 76
Receiving fun cards like this in the mail have been so fun!  My mail is currently being forwarded to me from NC due to having moved to Pa for the summer.  There will be two or three days that will go by of not getting any mail and then I will get something like this which made my day today.  Love my thoughtful friends/family!!

Day 77

Tonight's happy moment came at Troeg's Brewing Company in Hershey when Melanie and I shared a yummy dinner of an Oktoberfest Pretzel (this has to be the largest pretzel I've ever seen) and the Mad Elf Cheese Fondue (Michaelann, you were right; I LOVED this yummy concoction)!  My Naked Elf Beer was delicious but most of all it was great getting to catch up with Melanie as we made up for not having visited with one another since Christmas!

Day 78
I finished reading one of the reports I have to read for work before I can move forward with planning for the courses I will be teaching this fall.  Getting through the two inch thick document was the highlight of my Sunday.  Now on to the smaller and much more manageable reports!  

Day 79

Unexpectedly, Mom and I wound up spending today working on flowers for the wedding.  Oh how I love colors & sparkles!!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment