Monday, October 14, 2013

Forgetting what I want

Tonight, I had the pleasure of visiting with my cousins, Billy, Richele, and their cute little baby girl, Sadie.  They are passing through from PA on their way to SC.  It was nice getting some one-on-one time with them before the children came home.  During our chat, I filled Billy and Richele on recent events in my life and the job hunt as I try to find a place not too far from home but would be a good "fit" for me.  So how appropriate it was when I saw what was written on the piece of scratch paper I had grabbed from the Bonus Room.

 
This piece of scratch paper must be left over from a reading study I did last year with a faculty member.  We had adapted the story, "How to Eat Fried Worms", and this was the preliminary vocabulary list I had created...haha!  I sure hope Billy was not confused as we talked tonight and am hoping that by sending my packet in to a top prospect that I'll be like the early bird in securing the worm and will score an interview!  Fingers crossed!!!

 
 
I joked with Billy that I should use the St. Patrick's Day address label on the packet...particularly the one that says, "Good Luck", but I opted to be professional instead and use a regular return address label...hehe.  As thoughts of moving, interviews, and future jobs clouded my mind, I had to laugh as the children gleefully played without a worry in theirs.  Oh, to have such in-the-moment mindsets again!
 
Mason and Braden in a tangled up jumble

Nick, Braden, and Sadie Jo...babies everywhere!  :)

Clark is always in motion!
 
As I lay my head down to sleep tonight, let me embrace these in the here and now moments as they're all too fleeting....in less than 7 months, these types of evenings will potentially be a memory and my nights will be quiet and on my own again as I work toward establishing a new normal.  Regardless of the outcome of sending in this application packet to one of my top prospects, I borrow words from the CD jacket of one of my favorite Catholic singer/songwriters:  "Jesus, let me pray until I forget what I want and replace it with what You want".

No comments:

Post a Comment