Tuesday, October 22, 2013

One week ago


My brother, Patrick, said it best today when he sent me a text saying,
 
"Last week at this time, we were at airports". 
 
 
Yes, one week ago tonight, after having flown in from differing airports/states, Patrick and I were exploring downtown Nashville for the first time & stumbled upon this marker that talked about how North Carolina gave the land we were standing on to TN as a mustering ground where 4000 TN militia were reviewed by Andrew Jackson and Lafayette (of York, PA fame!).  How I wish we were back in that charming musical city that we visited for 4 awesome days!! 


How cool to read about NC's impact in TN as I wore this shirt. In other news, only 199 days until I'm an NC resident...that is, if I find a job...!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope to someday soon find the time to blog about my recent travels dating as far back as May...yikes!  I'm waaaaayy behind on blogging as well as
 
zumba,
 
schoolwork,
 
dissertating,
 
sleep,
 
and staying in touch with family & friends. 
 
I've been in a bit of a rut ditch over the last several weeks and could use positive thoughts and prayers  (so please send some my way!).  I'm hopeful time in Adoration on Friday evening will help with this restless and lonely heart of mine since after all, as St. Augustine of Hippo reminds us - "Because God has made us for Himself, our hearts are restless until they rest in Him."
 
 
 
I'm workin' on it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment