Saturday, January 23, 2016

Ooh, Baby I Love Your Way (post 18 of 30)



The snow is still coming....and has been falling since 4:30pm on Friday evening.  It is now 8:30am on Saturday morning.  We are truly in the midst of a winter wonderland!  

I'm glad that this wintry blast of snow didn't happen last weekend when my former roommate from York, Ashley, and her boyfriend were here for an overnight visit as they explored western PA and eastern Ohio by coming to see us.  They would have been stranded that's for sure!  Next weekend is also the baby shower for work friends and my parents are to come so I really hope the snow is melted and gone by then (or at least manageable to drive in if not).  For now, though, I'm going to enjoy the coziness of being safe and warm indoors...with some stolen bites of our Avalanche Trifle Cake for good measure...hehe!  I predict that with the continuing snowfall, I might even get caught up on the baby blog postings and be able to get back to the "Meals as a Mrs." and maybe even some room reveal blog postings!  It has been so nice being able to blog more since my conscious effort to carve out more time to write and reflect with the new year! 

I hope that all of you reading this are warm and cozy in your own humble abodes and let's not forget to remember those who may be struggling to find shelter as the elements of nature wax and wane throughout the current season.  Now, for the fun from our next to last day day on our Babymoon!

Thursday, December 16, 2016:  28 weeks 4 days

This day was for meeting up with one of Adam’s friends from his work, Andy, and his girlfriend, Christie.  Prior to meeting up with them, we enjoyed the local coffeeshops and stores as we browsed the weekly Farmer’s Market a few blocks away from our resort.  

 

We picked up a cute onesie for the baby and enjoyed the free samples of a cheeseball and apple slices the vendors offered us as we wandered by the stands.  Around 11am, Andy and Christie picked us up from the resort and took us to a yummy restaurant for an early lunch.  Then, we headed to a German market in Carlsbad where it was fun trying to decipher what the packages said in German.   
 
Monika, do you know what any of these say?  : )
 

Feeling adventurous, we purchased some German candy.  Adam bought some black licorice made with salt and I bought some sort of chocolate and rice snack.  I really enjoyed my wafer-like dessert but did not care for the bitter salty licorice that Adam only managed to eat a few of before tossing the package into the trash.  Guess we will stick with peanut butter cups and rice krispy treats!


Later that day, Adam and I took a walk along the beach as the sun went down over the water.   

We didn't know it at the time but this fire pit that is shown here in the right corner is the same one that Adam's sister and her family use when they day trip to Oceanside!  Pretty cool!
 



We then took in the sights and smells of the Holiday Market that replaced the Farmer’s Market from earlier that day.  More free samples were enjoyed by the two of us (I especially loved the funnel cake…mmm!!) before we settled on dinner while enjoying live music in the “square” of the Holiday Market.  For dinner, I had a Jamaican Promise Crepe made up of Nutella, banana, cinnamon, and whipped cream while the hubby enjoyed a tri-tip sandwich loaded with BBQ sauce.  We also purchased a beautiful handcrafted night light for the nursery from one of the vendors before heading back to the resort.  I'll share that in the St. Francis Room reveal blog posting!  As we left the market, we couldn’t resist picking up a scoop of handmade ice cream (Peanut Butter Fudge for me and Mexican chocolate for Adam) as we walked along the pier before calling it a day. 



Like last year, it was rather surreal for this East Coast gal to walk around days before Christmas in just flats and a sweater and to see palm trees popping up amidst Christmas decorations.  I'm happy to be spending Christmas with the love of my life (while carrying the other love of my life...hehe!) but I don't know if I'll ever get used to the sharp contrast in celebrating Christmas on the opposite coast!  Oceanside (and the rest of Southern California that we explored during the second leg of our CA trip) was decorated so nicely for Christmas but it still felt like it was spring celebrating a winter holiday!  Maybe next year, which will be the third time for me, will feel different who knows?!  Stay tuned for the last day of the Babymoon that was spent doing something I had always only done in the spring or summer until now!  ; ) 





No comments:

Post a Comment