Thursday, February 25, 2016

Inching closer and closer to the due date!

These were my thoughts last week at 37 weeks and 3 days:  The doctor at today's appointment said that I'm 50% effaced and 1.5 cm dilated.  He said that it's to be warm (50s and 60s) this weekend so drink plenty of fluids.  He also said that I'm negative for Strep so hopefully that means I won't need IV antibiotics during delivery!

I have follow up appts. with two female doctors the next two Thursday mornings.  The last appt. will be March 3rd and we're still counting on the due date at being March 7th even though today's doctor said that there will be a full moon on Monday and joked about a 02/22 birthday for baby.

I feel good, although today was a little rough with headaches/achy/moody feelings.  Fortunately these type of days are usually on days I'm away from campus anyhow so that's good.  I've been waking at 5 and 6am instead of 2 or 3am during the night so am almost getting a full night of sleep compared to earlier in the 3rd trimester.

The bags are packed, birth plan is printed, and right now we're sort of in a holding pattern as the doctor said today.  :)

Update from today at 38 weeks 3 days:  We just got back from our morning appointment with our main doctor.  It was a good one as our doula, Sara, was able to meet the doctor and a lot of questions were asked.  There was talk of induction and what the hospital procedures are for once the water breaks, etc. 

My belly measured at 39 inches and the baby's heart rate was fine beating between 120 and 128 beats per minute.  I only gained 8/10 of a pound since last week (in spite of all the ice cream/early birthday cake I enjoyed when Mark and Liz were here with the boys so I was happy about that..ha!).






















Hanging out in one of my classrooms during the tour at school since last year when they came to visit we were snowed in and didn't make it to campus!


Thomas sporting and ice cream goatee at my favorite ice cream place in nearby West Virginia!

Check out the "nutritional" info. on the cup..hehe.





After Mark, Liz, Thomas, Ben, and Kona left, it was time to finish getting the bags ready....Hershey apparently wants to go to the hospital with us when it is time!

Loved the surprise "notes" in the St. Francis room for baby.  The blocks were still in their new formation from "Baby" to "A boy" courtesy of Uncle Patrick from New Year's..haha!


Thomas was so proud of his heart.  Aww!
At one point this morning, during our appointment, the doctor asked if I wanted her to "strip my membranes" which could possibly cause labor to start within 24/48 hours.  We opted for her to not do that in an effort to allow for as natural as possible of a process/birth but then talk occurred about what might happen if we go beyond the March 7th due date.  The latest they would allow me to go without induction is up to week 42 which is March 21st so maybe we'll have an Easter week baby?! 

For now, there are no signs of labor at all, no contractions, baby is still high, and no further dilation compared to last week.  The baby is at a position of a - 3 (not sure if that's the correct terminology).  We'll see what happens next Thursday morning at 8:15am when we meet with a female doctor I've not seen yet.  The hospital tour is set for Saturday, March 5th, assuming baby hasn't arrived by then.  In the meantime, I transferred the baby playlist to the iPod tonight and I've got the bags at the front door ready to put in my car tomorrow when I go to work just in case.  ;)


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are all ready for the new addition to your family....Prayers for a safe labor and delivery...

    ReplyDelete