Sunday, February 7, 2016

Ooh, Baby I Love Your Way (post 23 of 30)



Saturday, 01/16/16:  32 weeks 5 days

Mere and I texted a bit today about some of my nerves but excitement over the birthday of our child.  She knew just what to say and shared, "You'll be fine!  However it goes down it is crazy and exhausting but you won't really care after you are holding that baby.  The memories fade but babies don't!"  Amen...what a perspective I needed to be reminded of...pain is temporary but the love and life of the little one is not thank God!  We also received my favorite stuffed animal for the kiddo today that came in the mail from Monika’s package.  How cute is this adorable stuffed elephant?


In other news, I just penciled in my teaching schedule into my planner up until the due date!  YIKES!!!  Only seven Marathon Mondays stand between today and the due date!  I also received an email from my church this afternoon about a Moms and Tots group that is starting back up this coming Thursday.  I can’t wait to go to the meeting and learn what this group is about and to hopefully meet some new friends from church.  I was just saying to Adam the other day how much I miss having a young adults group and network of church friends in addition to the work friends I’ve already made here.  Hopefully, this new group will be the answer to some of my prayers in relation to some of the loneliness/isolation I’ve been experiencing in addition to helping me to meet a group of other moms who can help me along this new journey of parenthood we’re on now.

Here is an update on baby's progress now that we're nearly done with 32 weeks:  
Your baby continues to grow during week 31, but his movements are getting smaller as he becomes more crowded in your uterus.

Your baby weighs about 4 pounds and is almost 11.5 inches long from head to tush, or the length of a small watermelon. Here's what else is happening:

  • Your baby is practicing the skills he’ll need after birth, such as sucking, swallowing, and breathing.
  • Kicks and movements feel less powerful.
  • Lanugo, the soft, down hair that insulates your baby, continues to fall off.
  • Your baby’s skin is no longer see-through. It looks more like yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment