Sunday, December 8, 2013

Fourth Publication!

Last week I got my hands on this bright red journal.






The color makes me think of my Dad since it's his favorite color. 

It even reminds me of Christmas since red and green decorations are out in full force with Christmas being a mere 17 days from today.

However, what's special about this particular issue of this journal is that my fourth publication is in it!

Seeing this in black and white, actually printed in a journal, reminds me of the hard work in creating the math materials, all the driving around I did helping to carry out the research in the schools (one particular day I forgot to turn off my lights in my car which eventually led to having to buy a new car battery..not fun!), as well as the hours and long nights spent writing.  Last Thanksgiving, when we celebrated Thanksgiving at my little brother's house in Delaware, I stayed up all night to work on the graphs that you can see on page 486 after spending the whole day in the clubhouse writing.

What a sense of pride (and relief) I feel in knowing this is complete...yay!

http://daddcec.org/Publications/ETADDJournal/ETDDDetailsPage/tabid/80/ArticleID/703/Building-the-Early-Numeracy-Skills-of-Students-with-Moderate-Intellectual-Disability.aspx




Jimenez, B.A. & Kemmery, M.  (2013).  Building the early numeracy skills of students with moderate intellectual disability.  Education and Training in Autism and Developmental Disabilities, 48, 479-490.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment