Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Trade in those sheep!

As I drove home from work tonight, while sitting at a traffic light, I checked my Facebook newsfeed.  I know, I know, bad.  The light was red and I wasn't moving though.  Anyhow, the first thing that appeared on my screen was my sister-in-law's status that said:

"If you're worried and you can't sleep,
Just count your blessings instead of sheep.
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings!"


 The light turned green so it was time to put the phone away and continue driving.  I kid you not, as I drove across the intersection and down the next block, I saw a sign in front of a church that said, "Having trouble sleeping? Count your blessings!"

Then, as I merged onto the highway five minutes later, in spite of there not being a drop of rain in the sky and a brilliant sunset, I glimpsed a small rainbow in the clouds.  Those of you who have seen my Defense Powerpoint will understand this reference.

Yes, I think I shall fall asleep tonight counting my blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment