Saturday, December 14, 2013

Home for the Snowy Days

The snow is gently falling to the ground adding to the white blanket that is already covering the grass, driveway, and shrubs.

Last night, Dad and I had to laugh, for when we were completing last minute Christmas shopping and errands for my Mom, we couldn't find any bread on the shelves at the store.  Apparently, folks were taking the weather forecast to heart and stocked up on the "essentials".



This picture is of my parents' front yard from 8:30am (the snow had started at 7:30am).
One hour later...

The snow did not keep my parents and me from making the hour trip south to attend my youngest nephew's first birthday party.  On the way home, we passed out an Amish woman driving her horse and buggy out in the open without a roof over her head.  I'm thankful for modern day conveniences and luxuries we often take for granted every day!


I was so happy to see my Dusty Shamrock upon my arrival home late Thursday night as he greeted me with furry puppy hugs!  The last 11 days in NC were lonely ones as my pup was here in PA.  This was the longest time I had been away from him!!


Now that nightfall has descended on my parents' cozy and cheery home, the inside and outside Christmas lights are a twinkling and the smell of brownies baking in the oven is slowly filling the house.

The driveway is completely covered and the snow is not done falling yet!

A CD of some of the prettiest Christmas songs, courtesy of a special friend, are playing as Mom works in the kitchen (and let me "get the bowl" by giving me a spoon and the nearly empty bowl of brownie batter) and I work on a conference presentation for late January.

Somehow doing schoolwork with the beautiful melodies and yummy smells wafting through the air this snowy evening in my parents' home doesn't seem so bad.  I hope you all are able to take some time during the hectic holidays to relax with family and friends so you can enjoy the sights, smells, & sounds of the season.


No comments:

Post a Comment