Monday, December 9, 2013

Novemberisms 2013

Last year, I took part in the daily day of thanks chain during the month of November and enjoyed it so much that I did it again this past year. I didn't save these as I posted them on Facebook so unfortunately, was unable to copy/paste all of them here since I couldn't find all of them but hoe you enjoy the highlighted ones I was able to retrieve.  What are you thankful for during this holiday season??

Day 4: I appreciate Skype~In the last week alone, I have been able to connect with friends in Chicago, California, Denver, & Pennsylvania and even got to "meet" a super cute little baby. What a wonderful tool to connect us across the miles!!

Day 5: As this long day of grading continues, I am grateful for artistic and creative students who are effectively and accurately sharing the information they have learned in class so far..... Yes!!!feeling satisfied.

 



 Day 8: As I settle in for another long day of writing, Dusty Shamrock has assumed position amidst the piles and is keeping my feet warm. This picture is from last week when we wrote in the mountains. I am thankful for my furry sidekick who makes the long writing hours a bit more cuddly. On to being able to send my Ch 5 draft to my advisor by midnight. I think I can, I think I can....


 
Photo: Day 8:  As I settle in for another long day of writing, Dusty Shamrock has assumed position amidst the piles and is keeping my feet warm. This picture is from last week when we wrote in the mountains. I am thankful for my furry sidekick who makes the long writing hours a bit more cuddly. On to being able to send my Ch 5 draft to my advisor by midnight. I think I can, I think I can.... 



Day 9: Having just completed an update on dissertation progress on my fundraising page I'm grateful for each one of you and the parts (no matter how small~you are a very important part of this process) you played from start of the study to now and then some....they say it takes a village...yes, it takes a SPARTAN village (GO UNCG!).feeling grateful.


Day 19: Sooo thankful for the original men in my life aka my brothers. From Patrick sending me a link to an incredible performance of my favorite Dawes song last week to Brian inviting me to ditch schoolwork last night to watch a Vince Vaughn movie (he had me at Vince) to Mark (and his son...see the resemblance??!) checking in on me via Skype last night, I am one lucky and thankful gal to have these three boys in my life.




Day 24: Today concludes the Year of Faith per Pope Benedict. Looking back on the last year, I'm thankful for the leaps & bounds I've experienced since October 2012; I suppose I should also embrace the dark and low times felt since then as well. Looking at today's date, I also realize that today is exactly TWO MONTHS months from the "Big D". I'm thankful for having a bare bones skeletal 25 slide outline, as of bedtime last night, of the powerpoint presentation for my dissertation defense. It's all getting so real now!
Day 25: I know I've shared this before...but haven't been able to get it out of my head since hearing a beautiful rendition of it yesterday morning at mass. Thankful for inspirational music (and the reason behind the music) to help you get through life. 


Day 26: Sometimes it's the small things that are the best; a rescheduled lunch and great conversation w/ a friend you've not seen in forever, an unexpected surprise in the mail, the fun in being a "messenger" for an almost birthday boy, & progress toward a final draft of the ol' dissertation. Today I'm thankful for the sunshine-y moments that bring a smile on a cold, dreary, rainy day. 

Day 27: As I head to my PA/DE/MA family tonight I'm thankful for my NC (biological, church, & school) family. 


Day 29: Thankful for a relaxing Thanksgiving Day with family at home especially with my niece in our not planned matching outfits. I wonder if Mason Noelle will continue being the only girl (like me) or if her new cousin from Uncle Mark and Aunt Liz in March will be a girl?!

 


Day 30: On this final day of thanks, other than being thankful for the opportunity to participate in this 30 day challenge, I'm happy that the semester is nearly over and break is right around the corner. There were two Professor Kemmery instructors this past semester: one at Shippensburg University and one at UNCG. I think I speak for my SIL when I say we both are looking forward to being able to spend our time on other things (even though we both love teaching).
  

No comments:

Post a Comment