Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Ooh, Baby I Love Your Way (part 4 of 30)


Friday, 08/07/15 – the beginning of Month 3

Yesterday I shared how we spilled the beans with our family members.  I forgot to share how we told my parents in that post though.  They had come in for a quick overnight trip in late July staying with us after my Mom’s high school reunion and departing the next day.  During their brief visit to Ohio, we tied in the news with the pups (of course and since this was when they first met little Hershey) by telling them about the generous wedding gift of the resort stay that we were hoping to book in summer 2016 as an anniversary trip but that we would need help with the pups…and possibly a baby by then.  They were shocked and surprised then overjoyed to hear the news.  This was before we had confirmation from the doctor at our initial appointment so we asked them to keep the news quiet until we knew for sure and would let them know as we told each family member.  They knew we planned to tell Adam's parents as soon as we could get the Skype call scheduled.  It’s amazing how fast time flies now that said trip to resort is complete (as it turned into a babymoon rather than an anniversary trip).

Seven months from today is the due date.  With the arrival of each dawn, the sense of anticipation and hope grows.  It’s amazing how one’s perspective on life can change in such a short time due to pregnancy.  Everything is done through the lens of, “What about the baby?” such as, when walking at the airport and having to walk by smokers lounging around the exit doors, hustling by because of not wanting the baby to breathe the smoke or when carrying a heavy box or moving a heavy shelf in my office wondering if it is applying too much pressure to my stomach and the baby.  When going through the drive-thru at Arby’s, I never thought twice about ordering my beloved Jamocha milkshake but now am thankful the milkshake machine was down the other evening because it prevented me from accidentally drinking coffee in a milkshake format.  Oops!

With the arrival of the third month (we just hit the 9 week mark yesterday), smells are starting to get to me.  I can’t stand the aroma of ravioli cooking (sorry Adam), detest the Bath and Body Works’ scent of “Secret Wonderland” (since when?!), smell of croutons (?!), and the new puppy is causing my allergies to flare up (bring on the Claritin).  Since these things didn’t bother me before, I wonder if they will eventually subside later in the pregnancy or after the baby’s arrival?  I also have been feeling queasy in the mornings but fortunately, have not been sick (yet?).  I still don’t want to eat much but I keep remembering the doctor’s words at our initial appointment in late July, “Don’t worry; that’ll change!”

I love this photo as so much emotion is captured in it!
What has been helpful in the mornings has been to go back to bed and to try to sleep off the queasiness but with only having a couple weeks of summer left, I wonder how I will manage when school starts up again?  Maybe I will have to start taking the vitamins at night instead of in the morning in case the vitamins are causing some of the queasiness.  I’m also feeling crampy and “backed up” a lot meaning more time is spent in the bathroom.  Oh joy!  In spite of all these changes, we’re still really excited and hopeful.  I saw another young woman at the store yesterday who had a little baby bump and was thisclose to introducing myself to her.  It would have been nice to have a local friend who is also going through these new experiences but I was too shy and refrained from introducing myself especially since I am not showing or anything just yet. 

Something else I discovered about our due date this morning was that I was offered the job here on March 7, 2014, while standing in the parking lot of a restaurant we were headed to for lunch in California.  Then, on March 7, 2015, was the bridal shower in Pennsylvania in anticipation of the upcoming wedding.  Now, coming up on this March 7, 2016, we wonder if this will be the day we will meet our precious little one!  Something else that happened this past week is that friends from NC started congratulating us on the baby….!  We were shocked to find out that the news had started spreading already in spite of our request to keep the news quiet.  Sooo, an email was sent out asking for privacy since we are so early on and we are waiting until Month 4 or 5 to break the news.  Here’s to hoping that the request for privacy is respected this time around and that we will still have news to share come mid-September or October!

No comments:

Post a Comment