Sunday, December 27, 2015

Ooh, Baby I Love Your Way (part 7 of 30)


Today is the feast of the Holy Family.  This also happens to be the name of the elementary school my brothers and I attended as children and is the name of the church Adam and I currently attend.  It will be where our first child is baptized.  From the start of Adam's and my relationship, the holy family has been a huge part of our lives.  We have a beautiful figurine of the family in our basement above our fireplace and it was soothing to see the exact same statue in Fr. Jack's office up in Boston last spring as we wrapped up our Pre-Cana counseling with him.  Needless to say, the holy family holds a special place in our hearts and I'm looking forward to attending mass tonight at a church Adam used to attend and one we haven't been to since Lent 2014 for our last mass in California during this trip.  I recently stumbled upon this serene and beautiful image of the holy family in a tender embrace and wonder if Adam and I, too, will have a son?  We will soon know as the due date is a mere 71 days away from today....!!! Below is a reflection from early on in Month 3 right before the fall semester started and I returned to work full time from being off in the summer.  Happy reading!

Friday, 8/14/15

Last night, we had a friend over for dinner.  We had a lovely conversation that didn’t end until close to midnight in spite of it being a work night!!  Throughout our conversation, it slipped that we were expecting and it was really exciting to share the news with Katy.  She was excited and moved to tears upon hearing the news which made me teary too!  It’s such a blessing to have family and friends who are so excited and happy for us and to have so many folks praying for the little one.


This morning when emailing with Monika about some of my worries, I had a bit of a revelation.  In a way we're really being spoiled since we get to see the baby so much with all these ultrasounds!!  It will make it hard in the future if we aren't high risk and "only" have two ultrasounds total..haha!  I guess if I had to choose, I would rather start out high risk than to have a normal pregnancy followed by high risk if that makes sense? 


Last night was very rough as I've not been able to sleep at all and the coughing I’m experiencing is way worse.  I started with the Claritin a few nights ago so that helps with the congestion but the coughing is really bad, especially when laying down; I used my inhaler for the first time since last year around 3am which helped some.  I don't know how I'm going to handle going back to school if this is how tired I am now.  How do people do this especially with having other children to tend to as well?!  LOL!!!


The baby also received his or her first gift!  Adam’s sister and family sent us this adorable package in the mail.  I can’t wait to put the little booties on the sweet baby and snuggle him or her!




No comments:

Post a Comment