Thursday, December 24, 2015

Ooh, Baby I Love Your Way (part 5 of 30)


Monday, 08/10/15 (Penned in Adoration in beginning of Month 3)

On Sunday morning after mass this past weekend, on a whim as Adam and I were leaving church, when I noticed we were first in line to greet Msgr. Gerry I shared with him our news and asked him to give us a blessing.  He was overjoyed and obliged.  I wish I could remember what he said but recall in the moment, feeling very peaceful in our little huddle with Adam, Father, the baby, and myself.

Tomorrow morning we go for our next ultrasound and in-take interview appointment at the doctor’s office.  I hope it is a smooth appointment and there are no issues although I know with my family history we have a lot of medical issues to contend with…but worrying is not going to solve anything so I will have faith that all will be okay.

This past weekend, we also broke the news via email to my matron of honor, Heather.  She was excited and commented, “That didn’t take long!” and shared some advice based on her past experiences with me.  I confided in her the difficulties with allergies/or is it a cold that I’ve been having….who knows?!  I bought some Claritin last week but when I read the label warning pregnant women to consult with a physician, I opted to not start taking the medication until I speak with the doctor tomorrow morning.  I also think I may switch to taking the prenatal vitamins to nighttime due to upset stomach/bathroom issues I seem to be having from taking them first thing in the morning.  Also, once school starts, I won’t be able to wait a whole hour to eat after taking the pills and hopefully by taking them at night it will help me to stop eating so late at night since the pills are to be taken two hours after a meal. 

I noticed this evening that I have gained around 15 lbs. since February…eek!  The doc said it is ideal to only gain 15 lbs. during pregnancy.  With my track record if I gained 15 lbs. in the last six months, and can only gain 15 in the next 7 months…that’s not good!  I want to be healthier for the baby.  So, that’s it…with the start of the school year, I will be back on a routine, we will hopefully eat out less, and I’ll hopefully have more energy to stay on track with the grocery buying/meal planning and not eat so late at night.  The irony is not lost on me that I’m going to try to get back into a more healthy routine rather than the carefree summer of eating whatever whenever with little exercise gig I have been doing for the last six weeks as theoretically I should be getting bigger as the baby grows.  A friend from work, Katy, who lives in our neighborhood and I plan to walk together on a regular basis once the semester starts so I’m excited about that too.  An added bonus is that the weather will be cooling off because during those extremely hot days we faced in July I could barely tolerate walking to the bottom of our driveway let alone tackling our hilly neighborhood streets. 

Since I never weigh myself (I didn't even own a scale prior to the wedding), the constant weighing and talk about my changing weight at various appointments has been taking a bit of a toll and we're still so early on in the pregnancy.  I need to keep in mind that it is not personal in the sense of my gaining weight due to being lazy or not trying but that I need to slow down and it's for the baby....yet it's hard!   Here's to trying to be healthy, maintaining a positive body image amidst all these changes, and doing the best I can no matter what for baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment