Saturday, March 27, 2021

Come, Holy Spirit!

 Romans 5:3-5

Not only that, but we even boast of our afflictions, knowing that affliction produces endurance,

and endurance, proven character, and proven character, hope,

and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us.---------------------In Austria, I was blessed to gather each week with the women of the Kartause for a book study. I remember hearing one of the other women talk about this particular passage. Ever since then, I think of her when I read or hear this particular scripture. She is a wonderful faith friend and I look forward to reuniting with her again someday!
This passage is pretty self explanatory but I really love the idea of trying to truly appreciate everything...the good, the bad, and the ugly for we know that they are refining us and serving a purpose even if that purpose may not be evident to us just yet.
It's an interesting concept to be encouraged to brag about hardships. Most people complain when they have to face challenging times. I think what this passage is getting at is to lean into the hard, the messy, the ugly....For knowing it eventually leads to the good things: enduring, character, & hope. Hope that does not disappoint!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment