Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Professional Five Year Old Pictures!

 It has become somewhat of a tradition for Charlotte Annie to have her pictures be taken around my birthday since it's only one week before her birthday!  I just received access to this year's photos.  I was thrilled to be able to have them be taken where we had the two year old photos taken here at home. We made use of some of the same props and even some of the same clothing.  How is she about to turn five already!?  It feels like yesterday that we were waiting for big arrival!


Charlotte has been taking piano lessons at her school this year.  I was glad to see this photo of her practicing her playing.  This has become a shared pasttime between her Dad and her and I enjoy hearing her play when she practices what she is learning in her lessons these last few months.


This tent was a surprise from my parents to Charlotte during one of their visits when they babysat Charlotte while I was at work.  I remember coming home to this large pink tent being just inside the front door and thinking, "Oh!  Where is this going to go?"  We kept it in the living room for a while but then we moved it downstairs.  I'm so glad we have it now because Charlotte has come to treat it like a small room just for her (and her favorite toys).  It also came in handy as we took pictures for her upcoming (stay tuned to find out) themed birthday party.  ;)


The backdrop is a quilt from when I was a little girl. I always called this my praying bonnet girl quilt as a child.  We also had it out for Charlotte's 2nd birthday photo shoot.  It's amazing how different she looks in just three years' time.

Mom and I bought this little blue dress at the first consignment sale we went to when Charlotte was a month old.  I remember we both thought how large the dress looked on the hanger and it seemed like five years was such a long way off back then.


The banner above the fireplace was a $3 find I purchased at a consignment sale I went to with Aunt Marie when Charlotte was less than a year old.  The small pink lamb behind Charlotte is the base of a lamp from my childhood, the elephant was one of Charlotte's favorite baby toys given to us by a dear friend from college, and you can even spy a cherished favorite toy from these days next to the lamb.  I was surprise that Charlotte didn't ask for a Spirit-themed birthday party as I really thought that was the direction she would go.


In this photo, you can catch a glimpse of the cupcake decoration from Charlotte's first birthday party when we had a candy sweetheart-themed party for her.  She's holding a sparkly wand left over from an old Halloween costume from my early 20s and the Barons bear in the background is a recent Christmas gift that was made from one of Dad's fleece pullovers and shirts.  The silver medallion has Dad's handwriting engraved on it.  








Two princesses (and a my little pony) just sittin' on the steps.  






Laying on her tummy on the same quilts three years ago...



This headband was on the fireplace next to the elephant in the recent photos.  This was a hand-me-down from Charlotte's cousin in California!  


Bernadette, the photographer, was able to capture Charlotte engaging in something else she loves doing these days...jumping off the furniture.  ;)






Imagining she's getting a hug from Pappy!  






So thankful for the gift of you, Charlotte Annie!

No comments:

Post a Comment