Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Love: It's what makes the world go round

Today is the 9th anniversary of my big brother and his wife!!










 

3,204 days, two houses, four children, way better quality of digital camera picture taking, and perhaps most unexpectedly, one sister-in-law & puppy later they live quite the full life!!

Why do I say that?  Well, Brian and Alisha opened up their home to Dusty Shamrock and me in July 2010 when I made the life changing decision to go back to school to work on my PhD by moving from PA down to NC.  They say it takes a village to raise a child, well in my case, it takes a very generous and hospitable brother and sister-in-law to allow me to chase one of my biggest dreams to date.

I can't express my gratitude and thanks to them enough and will spend the rest of my life trying to repay their generosity and kindness shown to the pup and me over the last couple years.

I knew coming into this new adventure back in 2010, I would have the advantages of being a live-in aunt to at that time my oldest niece and nephew.  Never would I have dreamt of two more nephews joining the clan.  I can't wait to see what else is in store for not only my NC family but also the rest of the fam!

God works in mysterious ways and I'm amazed at all the radically different paths I've encountered just in the few short years since I've been enrolled in this program at school.  Yesterday it dawned on me that this is the last fall semester I will be on campus, assuming I graduate on time.  I won't see my colleagues or peers every day as I'm used to doing now.  Sure, there will always be email, Skype, and Facebook but it's not the same thing as that one on one interaction.  I've seen how lack of that interaction has affected my closest relationships back home and how the distance has a ripple effect on everything else in life.  The good thing is new friendships and relationships will be formed but there's quite nothing like the familiar bond of a trusted dear friend or colleague.  

I'm thankful that for my family, no matter where we wind up, from Delaware to North Carolina to Boston to Pittsburgh to wherever, we maintain a close tie to one another (thank you Facebook and texting!).  

So, on this day of remembrance, forgiveness, and of celebrating LOVE, I'm looking forward to the future & to bigger and better things.  Most of all, I wish everyone peace as they go about their day today.  


No comments:

Post a Comment