Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Love Note / Prayer

Last week, in spite of Marathon Monday being a hard morning for me in terms of waking up after several restless sleepless nights, the day brought many blessings.  It all started when I shared a story in one of my classes about how I thought Dusty had eaten my rosary after I had fallen asleep praying.  Apparently my story resonated with one of my students.  She stayed after class to tell me about her favorite saint and how she had written of how she would sometimes fall asleep during Adoration.  I was familiar with this saint, St. Therese of Lisieux, and smiled as I listened.  My student then asked if I had read the book, "Story of a Soul", to which I said not yet.  She encouraged me to read it and then proceeded to tell me she had gotten engaged over the weekend.  How exciting!!


Later on that day, my student surprised me with a well-loved and worn copy of the book during my office hours!  I told her Adam and I would love to read the book together and how St. Therese had been a small part of our proposal story!


I had taken the picture of the saying earlier in the day when we visited the Mother Cabrini Shrine and I spied it in the gift shop.  Then, later on at church, Adam asked me about the statues of the saints standing before us when he was buying some time before the actual proposal a few minute after this photo was taken.  You can see St. Therese of Liseux next to St. Anthony of Padua in front of us!  She is usually depicted with flowers around her or in her arms around the cross she bears for she is also known as St. Therese of the Little Flower.

Today is exactly 8 months before our wedding day!!  The other day we skyped between classes through my phone.  It cost me an extra $5 to talk for just a few minutes but was worth it.  It's incredible to think of holding him in the palm of my hand as I did when skyping with him through my phone the other day (although I need to remember I can't afford to use skype on my phone anymore).  How blessed to be entrusted to help care for this man and be his helper as he strives to get to Heaven.  Of all the women God could have hand selected for the job He brought Adam to me.  Please, Lord, help me to always be mindful of this gift, even if I am feeling frustrated or upset over something.  What a precious precious gift!  Help me, Lord, to always cherish this man, Adam Charles, even if/when I don't feel like it or my pride gets in the way.  With your help, God, I want to walk by Adam's side and support him.  Help me to surrender my will and to follow in Your plan for Adam's and my life.  Help me to never lose sight of the fact that Adam is your child and to work toward satisfying Your desires for the future even if it may disagree with what I think or want to happen.  Finally, thank you from the bottom of an undivided heart, for bringing Adam and me together last October.  These last eleven months have been some of the happiest I've known and I feel so humbled and honored to have met the man I was created for - - - please help me to never lose this sense of gratitude and to serve the best way I can through my role/vocation as Adam's wife in 8 months.






No comments:

Post a Comment