Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I've Got Friends....in Low Places



For some reason, on my way to work this morning, I felt compelled to contact a few of my friends I hadn’t talked to in a while via text message.  I sent a short but sweet, “Good morning!  Have a good day!” message (or something like that) then hopped in my car to head to campus.

What a day it was to wish some of these fine folks a good day….as one was on her way to an interview for grad school; another had a date lined up with a cutie tonight after work; one inquired about my upcoming dissertation plans and it was good to reconnect with him; one had just returned from visiting family in Paris; unfortunately, another friend had just been laid off this morning; another had been away to attend a funeral of a family member; someone else is job hunting, another is sick with a stomach bug, and one asked what kind of candy I liked (?!).

If you have a moment, and are reading this, won’t you please say a little prayer or send positive vibes to these friends of mine?  I’ll do the same for you!  Just enter the requests in the comment section below this posting.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment