Saturday, March 16, 2013

Luck (and a whole lotta work) of the Irish


As of 8:56am, this Saturday morning, I'm DONE with the data collection in my pilot study!!
Starting with my first interview on Monday afternoon until Saturday morning, this is what happened:
6 cups of coffee were consumed (French Vanilla Cappucino is my new favorite…thanks Monika!!)
  • 8 interviews were conducted over 4 days
  • 2 schools hosted the interviews
  • 3 awesome families took part in the interviews
  • 1 fantastic hearing itinerant teacher assisted me with securing locations for said interviews.
Now, here are some numbers:
  • A total of 16 hours over the last 4 days were spent transcribing each of the interviews (yowza!)
  • The total length of interviews varied but the average was 43.25 minutes.
  • The amount of pages of  the transcribed interviews varied but the average was 26 pages.
  • Total number of words of interviews varied but the average was 
  • 5,834 words.
     
Now, comes the fun part of analyzing the data and pulling out the themes to present to my committee.  This has to be done by the end of March so I have about 10 days to get this done once I return to NC tomorrow night.
 
However, this Irish gal needs a B-R-E-A-K and it's only lightly flurrying at the moment so the St. Patrick's Day is still ON in York...time to go get some green on and paint these typing nails orange with green glitter! 
 
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

1 comment: