Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Out of the mouths of babes



I wanted to just take a moment to jot down some of the funnisms that have come out lately from the mouths of my cheeky niece and nephews.  If you need a laugh, hopefully this little post will hit the spot.

 Clark (4.5 years old) and I had a conversation in early December about how I couldn't wait to see a friend who hasn't been to the house for a while.  I had been referrring to my pup, Dusty Shamrock, since he had been left in PA during Thanksgiving due to my returning to PA in 11 days.  Clark, however, thought I had meant our friend, Kevin!  Yes, I guess it has been quite some time since Kevin has been by and Clark noticed!


After opening their community helpers costumes gift during Christmas, Mason (6 years old), Clark, and Braden (2 and 3/4 years old) had a grand time dressing up and acting out their roles.  I said to Braden, "Braden, if you're a police man, and Mason's a chef, and Clark is a fire man, what does that make me?"  Without skipping a beat he said, "Um, Aunt Megan!"


Last night Mason, Clark, and Braden played Mommy Chef, Daddy Chef, and Baby Chef in their play kitchen.  My brother, their Dad, said, "Hey Mason, if you are Mommy Chef and Clark is Daddy Chef, does that mean Mommy and I are Grandma and Grandpa?"  Mason cocked her head to the side and said, "Yes!".  I said then what am I??  Mason said, "You're the aunt who lives with us!"  Guess my role will never change.  ;)



 Love how interactive these kiddos' imaginations are!


No comments:

Post a Comment