Sunday, January 5, 2014

Plans are made to be broken anyhow eh?


Dad has always said to not plan things.  He has a saying he's especially fond of saying when it comes to trying to set an agenda or plans that I won't repeat here because I really dislike the phrase.  Anyhow, I couldn't help but think of his affinity for "winging it" and not making plans since the morning of 12/28/13. 

This past week and a half has been miserable with it seeming like something new coming up each day health-wise related to the flu then pneumonia.  Today's episode involved a bloody nose now to join the coughing??  Yuck!!  I had so many big plans for this week, some of which included to get going on several projects for the new semester, to be ready for my new responsibilities of supervision, to do a dry run of the defense in the room where I will be meeting with my committee, not to mention the social events already on the calendar.  With each long day that ticked by, I fell further and further behind on my to-do lists and fear and worry have begun to set in that I will not be adequately prepared for January 24th.   

Please pray the shortness of breath and light-headedness subside so that I can get back on track sooner than later.  Lisa, my friend, said it best the other day when she said to "trust in Jesus' timeline for my life".  I'm trying to have hope, be strong, and be confident that all the preparation from last semester and all the work especially from the two week trip at home, will help to sustain me during this unexpected forced slowed down period, and keep me on track for late January.

No comments:

Post a Comment