Saturday, December 13, 2014

Fruits of Labor

Here it is.....!!  Scroll to page 53 to see my "baby"...!
 I would have to say that this seventh publication is one I am perhaps the most proud of thus far as it is my dissertation (well, a condensed version of it) in print!!  This is my study...dreamt up from both personal and professional experiences...and born in part out of long hours spent in the stacks at the library with Margo that came to fruition one Super Bowl Sunday back in 2012. 

I can't wait to share this research at a conference in St. Louis in February and again in New Orleans in March.  In the meantime, I have been fortunate enough to talk about this research via the 3 Minute competition that I shared in this posting if you would like to listen to the "Cliff Notes" version of my research and also was able to use this material during my job interview last March.  I've heard some real horror stories relating to dissertations and trying to follow through on your own research but I have to say other than a few hiccups earlier in the journey (i.e., the disastrous FAILED proposal meeting back in April 2013), the experience has been pretty pleasant as far as PhDs can go.  One unexpected experience or event as a result of publishing this article was being interviewed and then recruited to write another article on this research for a different journal that will be out later this year!  Check out this link if you would like to read more on this topic via the interview that is very near and dear to my heart.




Kemmery, M.  (2014).  Perspectives on the profession:  Megan Kemmery, Ph.D./Interviewer:  Listening and Spoken Language Knowledge Center.  Franciscan University of Steubenville, Steubenville.



Kemmery, M. & Compton, M. V.  (2014).  Are you Deaf or hard of hearing?  Which do you go by:  Perceptions of identity in families of students with hearing loss.  The Volta Review, 114, 157-192. 

No comments:

Post a Comment