Saturday, June 27, 2015

Flashback 80s style

The other afternoon, Adam and I dropped off some donations at a rescue mission downtown.  While waiting for our tax paper, I saw two original Care Bears (Tender Heart and Cheer Bear) in their original packaging on one of the shelves that had been donated and were now for sale.  Oh, how I loved Care Bears as a kid (who remembers, "Care Bear Stare!"???).

 I also was a fan of "My Little Pony".  I mean what little girl in the 80s wasn't??  Remember this?

I had too many favorite "My Little Pony" ponies to list and the few I had went everywhere with me until I became a Rainbow Brite fan..hehe.  The other night, a friend came over to Jamberry her nails with me after work, and the pattern I chose to wear this time is "Carnival".  After putting them on my nails, I realized that not only did they remind me of my niece who loooooooves Elsa and the movie, "Frozen", but they took me back to my days of being a fan of "My Little Pony" since many of my favorite ponies had glitter and these colors.  It's been fun reliving the 80s via my nails now in 2015!


In retrospect, both of these childhood favorite shows featured rainbows which I have always loved.  Coincidentally as I wrote this little piece, it is POURING.  One side of our house has brilliant sunshine shining down on it and the other side of the house has grey clouds with rain just torrentially falling down BUT there is a small rainbow hovering over the trees just outside our front door. Can you see it!?



No comments:

Post a Comment