Friday, June 5, 2015

Our Wedding Highlights Video from BC Productions Entertainment

The other day I shared the video that I had made as a surprise to Adam and our families of family pictures set to music at the reception.  Well, today's post also contains a video....from our super talented awesome husband and wife team of videographers.  To learn more about this amazing duo, click here to go to their website.  These were the only vendors we didn't know ahead of time before the wedding.  The other vendors were friends I had made along the way from various Catholic Young Adult retreats and other outings that stretched from near New Jersey, the Philadelphia area, Hanover, Lancaster, all the way to Outer Banks and Greensboro, North Carolina!  Last summer, when researching options, I had really hoped to find a videographer but knew that this service would be the first to be taken off the list if we were unable to find someone within our budget.  I spent countless hours researching different companies and individuals last summer in my quest to find a videographer and just when I was about to give up after two straight weeks of searching (I literally was ready to just close out all the search windows I had going on my laptop and throw my hands up in frustration), I stumbled upon BC Productions Entertainment on weddingwire.com.  I'm SO thankful I did for we could not have had a more positive or better experience in working with Brad and his wife, Kerri.  They were so sweet and easy to work with providing answers to our questions, being extremely knowledgeable about their craft, meeting our needs, and producing beautiful work to boot. Here is an example of how above and beyond they are willing to go:  on the day of the wedding, we were supposed to record messages to one another but in the craziness of it all, we forgot.  So, the next morning, after mass, at the suggestion of the videographers, we recorded our messages to one another outside the church by the St. Francis reflection pool (that's why you can hear a little bit of the background noise during our recordings) using my sister-in-law's phone and an app she already had on it.  We then texted those audio files over to Brad who then transferred them into our video...incredible how technology was put to use yet again!!  Due to that delay in leaving church, we ran into Fr. Louis on the way to the parking lot. Just this week, we learned that he will be transferring to another parish in Maryland.  I'm so grateful we were able to work with him this past year in our counseling and pre-Cana sessions before the transfer and we wish him nothing but the best!!


Much to Adam's dismay, I've watched the clip a bunch of times, more so to watch the faces of our loved ones as the day unfolded in the brief video and to catch details we missed on the day of but in spite of the several viewings, I completely missed something that is hilarious.  One of my sisters-in-law in California noticed something my newest youngest nephew (4 year old Tegan) did in the video.  OH my goodness it is too cute....check out the 50 sec. to 57 sec. mark in the bottom left hand corner...too funny!!  That instance, right there, emphasizes what Adam and I had hoped the wedding focus would be on....family.  From the start, we wanted the parents in the wedding party to be comfortable and feel at ease and also wanted to include the children for a less formal approach.  This was one of the reasons why we opted to have the bridesmaids/groomsmen walk in together and sit together as a family rather than follow the traditional format of groomsmen standing at the altar awaiting the arrival of each lone bridesmaid walking in to the church.  In spite of this, I admit, I was the first to grow flustered and inadvertently cause us to miss out on some pictures during the formal picture taking after the wedding due to worrying over how antsy and distracted the children were (aka being so over the picture taking aspect) when we opted to wrap up the photos and try to get them later on at the reception (but then I forgot to follow through....oops...just goes to show that the best laid plans don't necessarily happen).  It was a long day for the kiddos and who could blame them?!  This is all the more reason I look forward to seeing the completed video and photos as we'll be able to see candid shots of everyone as we relive the memories of the day...and as Adam says, we're still married so what does it matter? 

From the video, it appears we *only* had a matron of honor and best man but we actually did have five bridesmaids, five groomsmen, a flower girl (who was so precious in her flowered dress), two ring bearers, and three attendants who comprised our wedding party.  You can catch glimpses of some of the girls in their pretty bright pink, lilac purple, mint green, and varying shades of beautiful blue dresses throughout the video as well as the boys in their adorable bowties and ties that matched their Dads' outfits (check out the dance floor...our nephews and niece have got some moooooves).  I can't wait to see the photos of all the girls together in their pale rainbow bright spring colors in a group photo we took outside after the church in the breezeway.  With the ladies being in California, North Carolina, Illinois, and Pennsylvania, it was a bit of a risk to have each gal go find her own dress/color and hope they would all fall under the same pastel shade family.  My first time seeing all of the dresses and colors selected by the bridesmaids and the attendants occurred just before we entered the church to join Adam at the altar and it was so so so beautiful! I want to go out and get all the dresses and colors I saw modeled on these gorgeous women now.  Hehe.  The men looked so handsome too and the children so sweet.  Meredith, Ashley, and Monika reminded me of the ocean in their different shades of blue and were very calming at that precise moment (the color blue usually has a very relaxing/calming effect on me) as the nerves started to increase knowing the doors were about to open and we were, as Dad said, about to "get the show started for it was showtime!"


So, without further ado, here is the wedding highlights video they sent us earlier this week.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment