Sunday, June 28, 2015

"Love boldly!" ~ a quote from a friend I couldn't agree with more!

I saw this status on a friend's page this morning and couldn't agree more.  Below is a paraphrase of what Paul said with parts that really resonated with how I feel being highlighted:

Love boldly, even if you're misunderstood...We must always be ready to accept and support a brother or sister who has same sex attraction, as much as the brother or sister whose struggles differ from them. In season and out of season. For we who are Catholic, we cannot support, publicly or otherwise, any form of sexual act that is in opposition to Marriage as we believe it. If we do, we willingly separate ourselves from being able to fully take part in the Sacraments...To paraphrase a post I read, If you are straight, I love you. If you are gay, I love you. If you are struggling, I love you. I pray for you. Please pray for me. And if you need me, I'm here for you as much as possible. Peace and all good!

*I know this is against what many of those I am friends with believe or perhaps think about us as Catholics but I ask that we all respect one another as we should any issue or idea in which we fall on opposite sides of the fence.  This is probably the only post I will make regarding this issue and it is not meant to stir up a debate or add fuel to the fire or whatnot but I felt compelled to share especially since we're all in it together...no one has to go it alone!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment