Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Fullness of Time

I don't usually blog about the Theology on Taps I go to because (1) I go to SO many of them [ I'm not kidding.  I go to them in both PA and NC...lol! ] and (2) all of them are usually moving and powerful in their own way.

However, after recent events (ahem), the message tonight really hit home for me.  I just simply love tonight's speaker.  I did before tonight but after hearing more of her beautiful story, of which I had only heard snippets of before, I grew in my admiration of her.  Allyson shared her personal story of seeing the lightness in the darkness, even if it seems impossibly dark out at the moment.

Here are some of the words I jotted down on my lime green index card as she talked:

While we all live in uncertainty (e.g., jobs, singlehood vs. married life, where should I live?, etc.), we should not worry and trust in God because even though we may not know HOW He will take care of us, we can rest assured that He WILL.  Allison reminded us of the First Annunciation and how we must be open to following and embracing God's will.

She also shared some reflections about waiting for those of us who may be seeking a vocation to marriage, that if we do not feel worthy enough of a spouse or believe in our future spouse, we should make a list of qualities we are looking for in that future spouse, we should trim that list down to 15 important qualities, we should review the list to see if we ourselves possess those traits and to do this we must truly KNOW OURSELVES, we must then create open spaces for our spouses to enter our lives, and that we absolutely do not need to seek or force the process.  God will bring us to whatever/whomever is in store for us when the timing is right...hence the title of my blog posting tonight.  

Let us all more joyfully embrace the fullness of time!  Fiat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment