Sunday, February 10, 2013

Well, it's happened...

I have crossed over to the other side.  I am now drinking (gulp) a form of coffee.  Last fall, I discovered (to my shock and surprise) that I like frozen coffee.  Then, during Christmas back home, I slowly sipped my way through peppermint mochas & lattes which further led me to my most recent discovery......Cake Batter Cappucino at Sheetz.  UH OH....here comes my new indulgence!

This morning, after getting 4 hours of sleep, oversleeping, and BARELY making it to 7am mass (with much thanks to my sister-in-law for waking me when she realized I had overslept), I hightailed it over to Sheetz to get a quick breakfast before heading to my babysitting gig.  As I reached for the XL cup (yes, they're really called that) at the self serve coffee dispenser, one of the workers at Sheetz suggested I buy a Sheetz coffee mug for "only $1.99 and then only pay $.89 for your coffee forever more".  Huh?  Buy a mug and then only pay less than a dollar for this liquidy goodness?  It seemed like a no-brainer right?

Well, the Sheetz coffee mugs are *only* 16 oz. which means they're an S compared to my usual XL cup.  However, I reasoned with myself...do I really need an XL sugary sort of coffee each time I go to Sheetz?  What about portion control?  What about calories?  But what about indulgences and the little things in life that make one happy? 

Then, my brain started doing the math.  Yes, I was only paying $1 for these splurge purchases here and there until 02/26/13 when the coffee special ends but what would I be paying on 02/27/13?  I didn't want to find out when I could only pay 89 cents! 

The easiest part of this decision came next....which color of Sheetz coffee mug to buy?  As my 3.5 year old nephew would say, "Blue, because you like it so much you know."  Yes, my cake batter cappucino with french vanilla creamer and a dash of cinnamon tasted oh so good coming out of this blue mug this morning while at work.  Bottoms up!!




No comments:

Post a Comment