Saturday, February 9, 2013

Repeat Messages


A couple blog postings ago, I posted about this passage from Isaiah 40:31: 

Isaiah 40:31

New International Version (NIV)
31 but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Ironically, that very same night after I posted that blog posting, as I wrote in my journal before  heading to bed, I turned the page and what was at the bottom of that page but the same scripture!!  

This journal I’m using for the Year of Faith was a gift from my dear friends, Michaelann and Jeremy.  Each night, I journal in it as if I’m engaging in dialogue with my future spouse .  Others have told me stories of writing letters to their future spouses before having met them or praying for their future spouses.  I don’t have the discipline to do those things as often as I would like so have found that through journaling about aspects of my life relating to faith and love, that my sense of peace about it all has grown. 

The journal is beautifully bound in tan leather & has the words from one of my all time favorite passages inscribed on the cover.  Additionally, the first page contains a beautiful letter written from Michaelann to me…each time I read it, it brings tears to my eyes.


Each page of the journal contains scriptural passages at the bottom of the sheet and so far there haven’t been any repeats. 

So yes, I was very surprised to read about remaining hopeful in the Lord and not giving up; to keep plugging away at my hopes & dreams and keep working/believing in spite of growing weary along the way.  Through the Lord, all things are possible as He works all things for the good of those He loves.  Thank God!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment