Monday, December 31, 2012

Capturing December!!

I participated in the Capturing December Photo-A-Day Challenge on Facebook and boy did I have fun with it!  Figuring out which picture to post each day helped me to slow down and smell the pine needles during this hectic busy holiday season. 

Below are the pictures/captions I posted for December 1-31st for those of you not on Facebook!  Enjoy!

December 1st: Your View Today: This was my view as Mason had her princess and pirates birthday party this afternoon. How cute were these little girls as they played Disney Bingo?!

 
 December 2nd: Favorite Holiday Movie: A Very Brady Christmas! There is something about this movie that reminds me of my family and the holidays...a full house, lots of food and laughter, crazy coordinating of schedules...! I can especially relate to Cindy's problems of balancing family/friend schedules (not played by the original Cindy in this movie)!!
December 3rd: Red: I went to Old Salem in the morning, before work, and enjoyed these lovely red Moravian stars in the Gift Shop. I opted for a beautiful elegant sparkly silver one (not in the picture) instead!

December 4th: Joyous: I JUST completed grading for most of my students for this semester AND Alisha bought one of Mark's, Liz's, and my favorite flavors of ice cream. Yes, it's 1am but I think after today's marathon of grading, it'll be okay to have some ice cream! Besides, it will give me energy to get through an incredibly busy Wed. right?!

December 5th: Today's Temperature: It was 60 degrees but when I thought to take the picture, it had dropped a whole degree to 59. It's so funny to think that 5 years ago today York County schools had closed early for an early dismissal due to snow and today I was out and about in a light jacket. !!!
December 6th: Shopping: I so can't wait to go to one of my favorite stores tomorrow with Natsuko! :)

December 7th: Bright: I came home from work today exhausted and homesick and it was a chilly and dreary evening. However, my gloomy outlook was brightened when I found this "Thank You" card from my sister-in-law. What a sweet gesture & surprise! I dare everyone reading this to do some random BRIGHT act of kindness in the next 24 hours! ♥
December 8th: Ornament(s): I love my little tree that showcases my collection of a Hallmark series called Noelville. The year I worked at Hallmark, they started that particular series. It was also the year I finished my Master's Degree so each year as I collect the little buildings, I'm reminded of how far I've come in my educational journey. How appropriate that 2012's ornament was a school. :)
December 9th: Something You're Reading: In prepping for CCE #2, I've been reading cookie recipes. This year, I'm taking the easy way out by making the same cookie 3 times but the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pillow cookies are sooooo good, that I think it'll be ok. ;)
December 10th: Wrapping Paper: This is the roll of wrapping paper I will be taking to CCE # 2. Dusty seemed to think this roll was a doggie toy at first. We are combining this fun social event with a service project by helping each other wrap last minute gifts or wrap possible donations to Room at the Inn if anyone brings any baby items. Oh how fun (and yummy this CCE) this will be!
December 11th: Green: Braden was one happy little boy, dressed in green as he tried to swat at the green ribbon above us, at Mason's (big sister) Christmas play at school tonight. 
December 12th: A Beautiful Sight: This was my view as I pulled into work this morning....look at all those beautiful empty parking spots and the nearly empty parking deck. Gotta love when classes are over and you can find beautiful close to the exit parking spots in the deck!
December 13th: Family: I couldn't decide between the portrait that was taken this past summer or the one I found on the fridge drawn by Mason last Friday so here they both are! I love how she included Dusty in her drawing. ♥
December 14th: Christmas Tree: Clark had some fun this afternoon playing with an old teaching manipulative I had up my sleeve.
December 15th: Favorite Holiday Song: I have sooo many favorite holiday songs, both secular and spiritual. I was in the mood to listen to this one tonight though ~ "Mary, Did You Know?" Click this link to hear one of my favorite interpretations of this song by Rascal Flatts! http://youtu.be/ax5d8JzdyaA
December 16th: Outside Christmas Lights: This picture does not even begin to do the Christmas Light Balls that are hanging up in trees in Greensboro justice! To this day, I've not seen this sort of awesome Christmas light display anywhere else.
December 17th: Presents: I'm so glad I was able to be "present" for this little present of seeing all the NC Kemmery Kids together for the first time with the newest little baby boy! What a gift!!
December 18th: Stockings: Look how small my stocking is between the 2 bigger ones. Thanks Mom & Dad...  
December 19th: Candy Cane: So, I forgot about the photo challenge for today and did not encounter any candy canes. Do my Peppermint Mocha Frozen Coffee & Red Velvet donut from Dunkin Donuts count?
December 20th: Tree Topper: Here is the top of my parents' Christmas tree. I love how the little red Hershey kiss is waving to us, especially with a fun afternoon/night planned there for Saturday! :) 
December 21st: Peace: This was my view when I came home on Tuesday night. As soon as I stepped foot into my parents' home, I felt a sense of peace. Looking back, I think that sense of peace was to prepare me for this whirlwind of a few days of unexpected hospital stays & surgery talk regarding my father. ♥
December 22nd: Tradition: This one is hard for me since I couldn't really think of any unique traditions my family participates in relating to Christmas. The one constant I can think of over the years is the traveling. Whether we were driving to Frackville, Boston, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, North Carolina, Delaware, or anywhere in between, we travel for the holidays. How ironic that we got to bring my Dad home from his surgery on 12/22! This was one trip I was so happy to make!!! 
December 23rd: Scarf: Becky & I enjoyed rocking out with the Biebs in our hoods & scarves last night. ;) 

December 24th: Favorite Part of Christmas Eve: Today was awesome and this year, my favorite part was getting to spend so much time with such awesome people as I made my way back home tonight. The day started out with breakfast at Panera with one of my favorite couples, Michaelann & Jeremy, followed by saying goodbye to Ashley but I will be seeing her again on Saturday (yippee!). Next, Dusty & I traveled to Mt. Wolf to see Lauren , Trevor , & their puppies. What a beautifully decorated Christmas home to match this beautiful couple I love so. Finally, got in some quality time in one of my favorite places, Harrisburg, with one of my favorites, Jason , before driving home on an extra white Christmas Eve to my parents and Patrick ! Life is good! :)
December 25th: Morning: Otto, Patrick's dog, was on the deck when I was getting ready for mass this morning and kept peering into the window. How cute!
December 26th: Grateful: The snow falling down all day forced me to stay in today but I'm grateful for the chance to get the draft of my portfolio defense powerpoint finished and for the ability to work on IRB revisions while keeping warm in my parents' cozy living room.
December 27th: Night time: Melanie came to visit tonight! She stayed til after 11pm eating cheese balls at Black Diamond (hehe), playing cards, sipping wine, and just getting caught up on each others' lives. Thanks for making the trip up 81 chica!! ♥ 
December 28th: Words: Found this cute bag (for $ 1 ) at Pennsylvania Country Crafts yesterday when I purchased the star hook and the birdhouse sprig. Love the inspiring words and can't wait to decorate my new home with my old decorations from storage sooooon!
December 29th: Sky View: This was taken last Saturday so there is not as much snow as we'll have after today's snowfall but I love how the sun is rising behind Dusty as he explores. Happy Birthday to the most loveable pooch and best canine for me possible! He turns 6 today!! ♥
December 30th: Your Winter Wonderland — with Monika at Snowy Home Sweet Home.
December 31st: Fun: I will thoroughly enjoy Stars on Ice tonight!! ♥ 
 (My favorite part of this picture = the 0.00 under Admission) Thank you WINK 104!!!!















 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment