Tuesday, December 25, 2012

One week!

I can hardly believe it's been one week of Christmas Break already....my how fast time flies!!


On the 5th day of Christmas break, my Pennsylvania trip gave to me…

the chance to bring my Dad home from the hospital!  He was well enough to come home within 24 hours, which was amazing! 

Once Dad was settled in and about to enjoy an early Christmas dinner with my Mom, twin, sister-in-law, and their son, I hit the road to meet up with a friend, Jason, at another friend’s house in Hershey.  Thanks to RJ and Tracy’s (very fun couple who are doing excellent work with today’s youth at Milton Hershey School) help, Jason and I were able to take in a fun Hershey Bears game and run amuck all over Hershey without worrying about little Dusty Shamrock.



It was fun being out and about in Hershey and I enjoyed watching Jason try to figure out his scavenger hunt clues throughout the night.  Unfortunately the Bears lost (1-0) to the Falcons but the guacamole and Christmasy margaritas, at the end of the night, were delicious!  



The day concluded with my driving to York and visiting with Ashley and her dog until about 1:30am before we called it a night.  I went to bed with a smile on my face as I looked forward to the next 48 hours of getting together with some of my favorite people in YoPa!

On the 6th day of Christmas break, my Pennsylvania trip gave to me…

a delicious breakfast with Ashley’s family.  Over the years, even when I still commuted to York from Harrisburg, Ash’s family has treated me as if I were one of their own.  Their support over the years and love they’ve shown to me have helped to make York one of my favorite places to have lived.  It was wonderful visiting with not only my best friend, but her parents, grandparents, and the family dog, AJ.

On the way back to York, I had my first white chocolate mocha frappucino from Starbucks.  Yum!!

Later, I was able to catch part of the Ravens game with the girls at Cobblestones.  It’s too bad I had not been able to wear my Ravens shirt as it was still in the wash from when I wore it on Friday.

Sunday night found me at Jen’s brand new house celebrating at the Christmas Cookie Exchange  with my former co-workers.  Of the five of us in attendance, three have moved on from LIU and are working elsewhere.   I love how each year, we still make the effort to come together and enjoy the season (and cookies) in spite of the holiday busy-ness and bustle!  
 On the 7th day of Christmas break, my Pennsylvania trip gave to me..

a wonderful Christmas Eve!  I loved the fact that I was able to spend so much time with such awesome people as I made my way back home over the course of the day.  I started out with breakfast at Panera with one of my favorite couples, Michaelann & Jeremy, followed by saying goodbye to Ashley but I will be seeing her again on Saturday (yippee!).  I met Michaelann several years ago (was it 2008?  2009?) when she was my dental hygienist in West York.  They say that fate brings you to the people in your life and I certainly am glad that fate brought Michaelann into my life.  A fellow Catholic chick, she and I can relate on so many levels and seeing the love between her and her awesome husband, Jeremy, inspires me!  I enjoyed my peppermint mocha while Michaelann, Jeremy, & I chatted over breakfast.


After scooping up Dusty from Ash’s house & petting Shelby goodbye, Dusty & I traveled to Mt. Wolf to see Lauren , Trevor, & their puppies.   
 What a beautifully decorated Christmas home to match this beautiful couple I love so.  Lauren is a treasured former co-worker/bowling partner/workout buddy and I’m glad that I was able to swing by her house.  It was a delightful surprise that her hubby was off work at the last minute so along with seeing Lauren and the 2 pups, I got to greet Trevor.  I loved their finished basement with the bar, pool table, and oh so comfy couch.  

Finally, I got in some quality time in one of my favorite places, Harrisburg, with one of my favorites, Jason, before driving home on an extra white Christmas Eve to my parents and my little brother, Patrick.  


 Life is good when home in PA, that’s for sure!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment