Thursday, December 20, 2012

Wrapped up in Each Other



On the 3rd day of Christmas break, my Pennsylvania trip gave to me…

A reminder of what true love looks like.  Even from the hospital, Dad remembered that December 20th was the anniversary of when he proposed to Mom (for the 3rd time).  : P  


We brought Dad home from the hospital this afternoon.  My twin, his wife, their cute little baby, & their pup will be joining us at the house tonight.  Tomorrow, we will take Dad to Reading for his appointment to get a catheterization * to see what the next step is.  Best case scenario is he has the procedure and winds up with a stent.  Not so ideal, would be that he undergoes open heart surgery.   

Regardless of the outcome, I’m thankful for all the doctors and nurses who have been assisting us and will be helping us in Reading tomorrow.  I’m also glad that I’m here to help and be with Mom and my family.  I saw on my friend’s Mom’s blog the other day that best kind of gift is for the happy family to be present and all “wrapped up in each other”.  What a neat concept in thinking about spending time w/ our loved ones.  Granted, this was not how I envisioned my break going but God has a plan even when things might not go the way we hope.  




*  catheterization

noun    (Concise Encyclopedia)
Threading of a flexible tube (catheter) through a channel in the body to inject drugs or a contrast medium, measure and record flow and pressures, inspect structures, take samples, diagnose disorders, or clear blockages. A cardiac catheter, passed into the heart through an artery or vein (the incision is often in the groin), can also carry pacemaker electrodes. A bladder catheter goes through the urethra into the bladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment