Thursday, December 20, 2012

St. Francis & Dusty Shamrock: A special relationship!

I give Dusty medicine two times a day.  After my trip to Minneapolis in October, I have begun to say a prayer when I gave the meds to my pup.  When browsing the wonderfully awesome St. Olaf Catholic Church gift shop in downtown Minneapolis, I stumbled upon this gift card.  Many of you may realize I have a devotion to St. Francis but I had never heard this prayer before and just love it so!

Tonight, when playing with Dusty, it looked like he was "praying".  What a holy pup!  ;)



Here are the words Dusty was meditating on tonight:

In Your infinite wisdom, Lord God,
when You created the Universe
You blessed us with all living creatures.
We especially thank You for giving us our pets
who are our friends and who bring us so much joy in life.
Their presence very often helps us get through trying times.
Kindly bless my pet.
May my pet continue giving me joy and remind me of Your power.

May we realize that as our pets
trust us to take care of them, so we should trust You to take care of us,
and in taking care of them we share in Your love for all Your creatures.
Enlighten our minds to preserve all endangered species
so that we may continue to appreciate all Your creatures.

Grant this through Christ our Lord, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment