Friday, December 21, 2012

Double Trouble



On the 4th day of Christmas Break, my Pennsylvania trip gave to me…

lots of time to spend with my twin, sister-in-law, and their beautiful baby boy.  This long day started super early with leaving the house shortly after 6am to take Dad to his appointment and surgery in Reading.  This was our first experience with St. Joseph’s Hospital and I have to say it was a very nice one!!  I loved the stained glass windows, availability of bibles, and the life-size St. Francis statue outside in the Healing Gardens!
I sat on this couch doing schoolwork (and watching GH..hah) for several hours today.  I loved the view to my right each time I turned around...
This was Dad's view (of a small airport) after his surgery...perfect for a former air traffic controller!

Beautiful grounds!
 I can’t wait to hopefully bring my Dad home tomorrow.  The surgery today lasted about an hour and 45 minutes but no bypass was needed at this time. The other two bypasses from 1994 are still going strong so that was encouraging!!  A stent was inserted and we are hopeful no more surgery is needed.  The doctor seemed optimistic that Dad would be released tomorrow even though tonight, Dad was still in a little pain and experiencing shortness of breath (from his COPD perhaps?).

Something else that I’m thankful for today, other than Dad’s successful stent surgery, is that I got to spend so much time with Mark, Liz, & their son.  Spending the day with Mark and then having dinner with his wife and child tonight at the house, reminded me of the old days of living together in Harrisburg in the early 2000s.  I loved holding and playing with little Thomas Mark tonight.  He has the most beautiful big blue eyes and it’s been fun watching him try to crawl!


Another occurrence that happened throughout the last few days is that my friends with whom I was to get together with these last few days have so willingly and sweetly rescheduled our planned events.  They could easily shrug me off and say, “Sorry, we’re busy and can’t reschedule; you snooze you lose!” but they haven’t.  Instead, they have been asking when else can we get together and offering to come pick me up or meet me halfway even if it means driving longer distances than they might typically do.  I’m so lucky to have the love of these spectacular friends and our next get-together will be that much sweeter due to the unexpected delay I think!  I hope you special friends know just how much I appreciate your friendship & support!!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment