Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Plans are made to be broken..right?



On the 2nd day of Christmas Vacation, my Pennsylvania break gave to me….

A morning of almost winning Stars on Ice Tickets (how exciting that was!!!)…and plans to see my dear friend Lisa and meet her little baby boy, Liam, for breakfast in Lebanon with the day ending with dinner at Black Diamond with one of my best Harrisburg friends, Melanie.  I could almost taste the cheese balls from BD and feel the happy wriggling baby in my arms as I fell asleep last night looking forward to today.

Shortly after trying to win the Stars on Ice tickets, I could tell something was not quite right with my parents.  As I was preparing to leave to meet my friend and her baby (after being delayed almost an hour due to an unexpected sleeping-in morning from the baby), my parents told me they were going to see my Dad’s doctor due to chest pains he had been experiencing off and on for a while.  When he awoke this morning, the pain had intensified, which prompted my Dad to finally go to the doctor.

A few minutes after my parents left, Mom called asking me to bring her cell phone to her since she had accidentally forgotten it at home.  Then, I received word that Dad had to go to the Emergency Room.  I was hesitant to cancel my breakfast plans with Lisa so checked in with her and said could we touch base after I learned more about my Dad’s situation.  As the day progressed, however, Lisa pointed out that perhaps little Liam had slept in longer than usual to afford me the chance to be in Frackville longer and to be here with my Dad & Mom and we both could see that I couldn’t leave Schuylkill County today.  Her inspiring texts, along with others from Ashley, and other family members /friends kept us going throughout the day.  7.5 hours after walking into the hospital, Mom and I left my Dad for a few hours to go take care of the dogs and get some grub.  Mom and I were starving as we hadn’t eaten since last night. 

Please keep my Dad in your prayers!  Doctors suspect angina, a heart attack, and/or a blockage.  We should know more after an appointment is scheduled for sometime next week and we are hopeful he will be released from the hospital on Thursday.  Just before leaving the hospital tonight, Mom and I swung by the chapel where I read the daily reading aloud for us.  Here is what we found in the chapel:




2 comments:

  1. Thank you Mrs. Grupp!! I still hope to see you & your family first thing on Sunday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete