Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Meals as a Mrs. ~ Avocado Chicken Salad

This recipe for Avocado Chicken Salad was an interesting and healthy one!  I was intrigued when I stumbled upon it last Septmeber as it contained some of my favorites:  avocado and chicken!  In my mind, I imagined it would taste like another favorite food, guacomole, combined with chicken.  That wasn't quite the case but it was still a good dish for a change of pace.




My version of the Avocado Chicken Salad didn't quite turn out as green as the one in the picture on the recipe but it was still a good meal.  When I served this to one of my former housemates at a small dinner gathering we had last semester, she enjoyed it!  This was also the dinner at which Adam and I shared with her the news that we were expecting!!  Her joy for us was so sweet.  She is just one of many loved ones who excitedly awaited Charlotte's arrival with us and celebrated afterwards with us, both in person and virtually, and for that we are eternally grateful.  The love and support of so many have carried us and will continue to carry us.  Thanks for being such terrific sources of support and sharing in our joy on the journey!

Below are some words from a sweet friend that really lifted me up the day after the surgery and who knows, maybe they will be encouraging for you as well should you be in need of some positivity.  I pray her words below for anyone who could use the prayers right about now.  They don't exactly apply to marriage directly but serve as a good reminder to lean into the Holy Family and the Lord.  We are never alone even if we feel we are at times.  Never underestimate the power of prayer...both those you pray and those uttered by others!!  Pax!

"I am just going to ask Mama Mary to hold you tight because there's no place like a mother's embrace, especially her's.  I don't have any words because sometimes there aren't any but you definitely  have my prayers!!  There is so much we don't understand but, as you said, he works ALL things for our good.  So true!!  In the hard and the difficult, in things we deem as too ugly for Him, He has shown us from day one that He is not afraid of our mess, that which is difficult or ugly....Mary gets your heart!  She too had one child.  I'm going to ask Our Lady for all the graces no one asks for - to pour them in to your heart!"

No comments:

Post a Comment