Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Meals as a Mrs. ~ Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

This was a treat that turned out a lot different from what I expected.  I figured since this snack contained two of my all time favorite things (chocolate and peanut butter) that I would LOOOOVE this cookie.  Alas, that was not so. 

First teaspoons of peanut butter needed to be frozen for at least two hours.  Then they need to be cut in half.

Cover the gobs of peanut butter with chocolate chip cookie dough and shape into a ball.  Freeze again for at least two hours.


Fresh from the oven!
The peanut butter stuffed chocolate chip cookies were different from the usual cookie but I probably wouldn't make them again as they were too gooey for my liking.  Maybe I made the peanut butter gobs too large.  Maybe the cookies didn't bake all the way through or maybe the recipe I chose to follow for the chocolate chip cookie dough wasn't the best match.  I'm  not sure what went wrong with this one but my expectations were not met. 

However, I did stumble upon a different chocolate chip cookie dough recipe that subsitutes the gobs of peanut butter with peanut butter cups and claims that the modified cookie recipe is soley for making "stuffed" cookies.  Here is the link for that recipe.  Now that is a recipe I just know I will like!  I hope to try these cookies out soon!!

My friend, Monika, posted this on her wall earlier today:  “Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley

While this quote is a great motto to follow in general, I think it could have special applicability to marriage.  I know that I could stand to improve in putting forth more effort in areas within our relationship and in the home...especially when I'm feeling tired and just want to throw in the towel or shut down on a particularly tiring day.  I pray that I continue to contribute as much as I can and with a willing heart even when I might not neccessarily want to as I strive to serve God in my own small way within my roles as wife, mother, teacher, and all the other shoes I fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment