Monday, June 20, 2016

Meals as a Mrs. ~ One-Bowl Fudge Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love chocolate and peanut butter desserts.  In fact, when rummaging around the pantry for a snack after Vacation Bible School ended early this afternoon, I ended up sticking a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter and some milk chocolate chips in the microwave to melt them together...then topped off this creamy concoction with crunchy Lo Mein noodles.  I swear this made up snack tasted like chocolate covered pretzels minus the salt.  Mmm!

If that crazy concoction that reminded me of some of my funnier pregnancy snacks doesn't get the taste buds going then maybe this actual recipe of a delightful dessert I made earlier this year will.  This recipe for One-Bowl Fudge Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting was really easy to make and yielded yummy results.  The extra creamy peanut butter frosting was a nice touch to the fudgy chewy brownies and I know that my brothers, who are also fellow peanut butter chocoholics, would appreciate this dessert too! 


"Having studied and taught St. John Paul’s Theology of the Body for over fifteen years, I see the world and Christianity very differently. I used to think that a good Catholic emphasized the soul over and against the body, redemption over and against creation, God over and against man, etc. TOB, however, helped me to see that God loves His creation so much that He wants us to 'receive it as a gift' (TOB 13:4), especially in seeing how the body teaches us about God Himself who is a fruitful communion of life and love. In my talks and in the new curriculum I am writing, the BODY is the point of departure, for God created the visible to reveal and bring about the invisible: love! Love for union is another way of describing Christianity. The Body, then, is the Center of our Faith, for Christ’s Body and our bodies tell us we are meant to love: Jesus says, 'This is my Body, given to you,' and we disciples reply, 'This is my body, receiving You.' Fruit ensues whose byproduct for us all is joy." - Monica Ashour of Theology of the Body Evangelization Team

No comments:

Post a Comment