Thursday, June 16, 2016

Meals as a Mrs. ~ Creamed Pearl Onions

Pearl onions are a relatively new vegetable for me.  I already knew I loved Vidalia sweet onions if sauteed or fried as onion rings.  What I didn't know was how much I would like pearl onions until Adam introduced them to me when he made me Beef Bourguignon for the first time a couple years ago.  In fact, I like the pearl onions in this stew so much that when we make it, Adam will double the amount of pearl onions in addition to the extra mushrooms he puts in for his tastebuds.

So when I discovered this recipe for Creamed Pearl Onions I was super duper excited to try it.


Maybe my expecations were too high.  Perhaps I should have left my love affair with pearl onions alone and just kept it to the beef stew.  I was greatly disappointed by this recipe as the side dish of these veggies didn't taste at all like how I thought they would taste and I learned that I definitely prefer the pearl onions in their original format of being in the stew without the cream or anything else added to them.  If it's not broken, why fix it right??  I am curious though.  Do any of you have any recipes that use pearl onions??



No comments:

Post a Comment