Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Meals as a Mrs. ~ Sour Cream Casserole

I'm not gonna lie.  I made this Sour Cream Casserole thinking it was one of Adam's favorite dishes.  I'm not sure why I thought this was a childhood favorite of his.  Operating under this assumption I was so so so excited to make this particular meal for dinner one night thanks to the recipe his Mom sent me which is why I filmed his reaction to finding out what was for dinner that night.  ; )


It wasn't until the last plate was soaking in the kitchen sink that I found out that the meal did not hold any special significance or memory for Adam.  Regardless, we still enjoyed this creamy meal I prepared for us last October. 

SOUR CREAM CASSEROLE

1    8 oz. pkg. of egg noodles
2    tablespoons of butter
1    lb. ground beef
½    tsp. salt
½    tsp. pepper
¼    tsp. garlic salt
2    8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1    cup sour cream
1    cup cottage cheese
6    green onions, sliced & chopped

Brown ground beef in butter.

Cook noodles as directed on package.

Add salt, pepper, garlic salt, & tomato sauce to ground beef.  Simmer 5 to 10 minutes.

Add sour cream, cottage cheese, & green onions to drained egg noodles.

Alternate layers of hamburger & noodles in covered casserole dish.

Bake in oven at 350̊ for 45 minutes.








 

Tonight, the topic of forgiveness has been on my mind.  This is such a key ingredient to any relationship, not just within a marriage, and I don't know about you but sometimes I'm too proud or stubborn to ask for or to give forgiveness when it is needed.  I am thankful for the opportunities God provides me to keep working on this virtue or skill!  Below is a prayer I found recently that reminds me of the Prayer of St. Francis (which was one of the songs from our wedding mass!!).

It feels impossible, O God
            totally beyond my reach, 
            to forgive what has been done to me.
            You know my pain
            You know the hurt I hold.
Caught between pain and pardon,
            I wish to choose Jesus' way of pardon.
O God, make me
            the channel of your gift of pardon, 
            that I also may be healed 
            as your forgiveness passes through me to others.

Paraphrased from Prayers for a Planetary Pilgrim, Edward Hays, 1988, Forest of Peace Books, Inc.  Easton, KS.  Used with permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment