Thursday, June 16, 2016

Meals as a Mrs. ~ Rapid Rolls

I tried this recipe for Rapid Rolls out last fall just before Thanksgiving for November's GGG. 

The leftover rolls ended up making the trip home to Pennsylvania to be served with our Thanksgiving meal but they weren't exactly a hit with my family.  I think, in part, due to the fact that I goofed on the ingredients by using bread flour when I was supposed to use regular flour.  My family seemed to prefer the refrigerated Pillsbury rolls rather than these ones that were made from scratch.  Oh well, live and learn I suppose! 

Through trying out this recipe, I enjoyed using our KitchenAid mixer and if I were to follow the recipe again I would be sure to spray the cookie sheets to avoid the bottoms of the rolls sticking to the pan.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product.  The rolls turned out crispier and more dense than I expected (again due to the flour perhaps?). 

Looks like I'm still on the hunt for a good made from scratch roll recipe.  ; )




“How beautiful is the marriage of two Christians, two who are one in hope, one in desire, one in the way of life they follow, one in the religion they practice.” ~ Tertullian

No comments:

Post a Comment